This trip requires motivation, determination and the ability to 'tough it out' when the going gets tough.
- Maximum capacity 8 per guide
- Top quality sea kayaking equipment
- Super friendly and experienced guides
- Group safety and emergency equipment carried
- Comprehensive safety and paddling techniques briefing provided
- Approx 6-7 hours kayaking involved each day
- Hot drinks provided
- Price includes kayaking, camping and return transport
|EX MANAPOURI||DATE||ADULT PRICE|
|06:45am - 4:00pm||See selected dates||$780 adult|
|EX TE ANAU||DATE||ADULT PRICE|
|06:15am - 4:30pm||See selected dates||$780 adult|
Departure dates 2017-18
Please contact us directly for all booking requests for the Doubtful Sound 5-day Epic trip.
Not available to book online, please contact us directly to enquire kayaks@GoOrange.nz
With Doubtful Sound being roughly ten times larger and three times longer than Milford Sound, there are many fantastic secluded waterways and islands to explore that make this the ultimate personal adventure on water.
During the five days we explore Hall Arm, Crooked Arm, Secretary Island, Bradshaw Sound with the hope of getting up into the primeval Camelot River. Depending on the conditions there is also a good chance of getting down into Hall Arm before returning to Deep Cove...a step closer to civilisation, warm showers and comfortable beds!
This is the ultimate kayak + camping experience!
Check out our What to Bring / What's Provided list
- Minimum age 16 years
- Prior paddling experience preferred (our staff will be in contact to assess suitability)
- Water confidence and a moderate level of fitness required
- Kayakers to supply own food (see our suggestions)
- Essential briefing held 4pm the day prior to departure at our Te Anau Kayak Base
- Allow 1 hour for briefing to answer questions, sort equipment and details