Tranquility, wilderness, challenge and achievement....
This trip requires motivation, determination and the ability to 'tough it out' when the going gets tough. Not for the faint hearted! Definitely for the good humoured!
Three times the length of Milford Sound, Doubtful Sound is roughly ten times larger in surface area due to its length and many side arms. There are many fantastic secluded waterways and islands to explore that make this the ultimate personal adventure on water.
During the five days we explore Hall Arm, Crooked Arm, Secretary Island, Bradshaw Sound with the hope of getting up into the primeval Camelot River. Depending on the conditions there is also a good chance of getting down into Hall Arm before returning to Deep Cove..a step closer to civilisation, warm showers and comfortable beds!
Kayaking is the most intimate way to explore the unique sounds and sights of this natural wonder. Spending a couple of nights out in it only enhances the experience!
- Maximum capacity 8 per guide
- Top quality sea kayaking equipment
- Friendly and experienced guides
- Group safety and emergency equipment carried
- Comprehensive safety and paddling techniques briefing provided
- Approx 6-7 hours kayaking involved each day
- Hot drinks provided
- 780.00 NZD per person – includes kayaking, camping and return transport
- Minimum age 16 years
- Prior paddling experience preferred (our staff will be in contact to assess suitability)
- Water confidence and a moderate level of fitness required
- Kayakers to supply own food (see our what to bring list)
- Essential briefing held 4pm the day prior to departure at our Te Anau Kayak Base
- Allow 1 hour for briefing to answer questions, sort equipment and details
Please contact us directly for all booking requests for the Doubtful Sound 5-day Epic trip.
Departure dates for 2016-17