A perfect way to experience a small corner of this remote wilderness in just one day.
Cross stunning Lake Manapouri by ferry then, by coach, cross the Southern Alps over the Wilmot Pass into Deep Cove. Get a taste of Doubtful Sound and all it can offer with 3 hours of paddling out on the fiord exploring Deep Cove, Rolla Island and over to Olphert Cove and return.
- Maximum capacity 8 per guide
- Lake Manapouri ferry & Wilmot Pass coach included
- Approx 3 hours kayaking involved
- Personable and experienced guides
- Hot drinks provided
- Complimentary coach transfers available from Te Anau/Manapouri
- Competence in water & moderate level of fitness required
- Min age 16yrs
- NZD 255.00 per adult
Doubtful Sound is home to unique birds, seals, dolphins and the very rare Fiordland Crested Penguin that are sometimes encountered on Rolla Island as we paddle around the shoreline. Kayaking is one of the best ways to capture these rare and unique photo opportunities.
Note: If we can’t kayak due to weather conditions the kayaking may be substituted with a 3 hour boat cruise.
Please phone by 5pm the day prior to your departure to reconfirm all details, including pick up point and time. Don’t be shy!
Departs Manapouri daily from 1 Oct-30 April
6.45am ex Manapouri / Return 4.00 pm
Complimentary coach transfers available from Te Anau accommodation.