With loads of experience operating in this remote wilderness, Go Orange Kayaks is offering a fantastic small group overnight kayaking experience.
- Maximum capacity 8 per guide
- Lake Manapouri ferry & Wilmot Pass coach included
- Approx 5 hours kayaking involved each day
- Personable and experienced guides
- Hot drinks provided
- Overnight camping included
- Complimentary coach transfers available from Te Anau/Manapouri
- Competence in water & moderate level of fitness required
- Min age 16yrs
- NZD 411.00 per adult
Each day involves about 5 hours kayaking and in the evening we chill out at base camp nestled in the forest up Hall Arm. Nearby a freshwater stream flows quietly and bird song is often heard.
Doubtful Sound is home to unique birds, seals, dolphins and the very rare Fiordland Crested Penguin that are sometimes encountered as we paddle along the shoreline. Kayaking is one of the best ways to capture these rare and unique photo opportunities.
Note: If we can’t kayak due to weather conditions the kayaking may be substituted by a boat cruise and camping replaced with a hostel in Doubtful Sound.
Please phone by 5pm the day prior to your departure to reconfirm all details, including pick up point, time and your height/weight for wetsuit sizing. Don’t be shy!
Departs Manapouri: daily Oct - April
6.45am (Day 1). Return 4pm (Day 2)
Complimentary coach transfers available from Te Anau accommodation